Monday, February 16, 2009

What a DAY!!!

(just a side note: this is the 2nd time that I am having to type this because the first one got deleted somehow!!!!!!!!)

This weekend we went to Austin to Matt's, Ryan's brother, wedding and it was great! We love Monica and can not wait to share in their lives! As always we got to hang out with family that we don't get to see all the time and had a blast.

Today was a wonderful day! My team at school through me a surprise baby shower and invited my mom, Ryan's moms (Judy and Pam) and Leslie Ryan's sister. It was great! We got such amazing gifts. Go to Target and Babies R-Us to see what all we got and send any ideas of things we did not put on this list that you would if you were registering now. Advice always welcome.

Question of the day: Swaddleing- why do it and how do you do it

2 comments:

t chacon said...

swaddling has become alomost a "new" thing, but of course it's not. david's mom would swaddle hollye and nicholas when they were babies. i wasn't good at it. they would be wrapped so tightly, i thought my poor babies..... but, you know, it was great. babies actually like to be confined. they tend to jerk and fling their little arms and legs when they are startled; if they can't move, they can't fling, and there you have a more content baby. my mother-in-law, of course just used receiving blankets, but companies are now selling these with cute names. my favorite is a "baby burrito" from chocolate soup. how appropriate is that name for my kids??!! we always called hollye our "hot tamale".
happy swaddling,
theresa

Jill said...

Um you swaddle so you can sleep. It's a must...I personally loved the Mircale Blanket and it has a video on there on how to do it! Babies like to be snug, I think it makes them feel safe. You must have a swaddle blanket (two even for those occassional spit ups or "explosions")...it's always good to have two!