Thursday, August 05, 2010

Fasting for me!

I decided to go on a spiritual fast to grow in my relationship with the Lord! I know that this might not be for everyone but this is what I think I need to do for me and since this is my blog I decided it was OK for me to blog about my experiences along the way. I am not going by any certain plan. I did read about some on the Internet but after reading about different ones I came to the conclusion that really it is about fasting from certain things, praying, and journal about your time fasting.
So I am giving up the following things...
1. Alcohol
2. Negative speaking- about others and about myself mainly because it causes no good outcomes and I feel bad after doing it
3.Sweets!

Here are some things that I decided to do everyday...........
1. Spend quiet time with God for at least 30 min
2. Make a positive comment about or to at least 3 people a day
3. Spread the word and love of God at least once a day
4. One Random act of Kindness a day

Everyday I am going to blog about how it went that day and if I was able to meet all the fasting requirements for that day. I am going to try my very hardest but I have never fasted before so I don't really know what I am in for. I do know that God and I are on this journey together and I am hoping that at the end of the 60 days I will have grown in my love of the Lord and he in his love for me. I am hoping you will want to join my on this adventure!

All my love,
 Jen

No comments: