Monday, June 25, 2012

Big Day Tomorrow

We got a call today that Carter's tonsil surgery would need to moved up because our doctor was going to have to go out of town at the end of July for a few weeks. Normally this would not be a big deal move it up to end middle of July. However, this year will be Carter's first year to take swim lessons and there was no way I was going to cancel that. So, go figure the only other time he can do it is tomorrow. My "OCDness" kicked in right away and I was freaking because I did not have anything ready! I had this big plan to shop for just the right foods, get a few new toys to keep him entertained at the hospital and hello prepare him for the idea of going to the hospital and having the doctor look at him. He is not the biggest fan of the doctor. Who could blame him! We go to the doctor a least once a week for Collins right now and he sees all the poking and prodding that goes on there.

So I decided that we would go to see Grandma Niece and go swimming and then come home and make brownies that are super gooey so maybe he can eat them after surgery. I am hopeful that this all goes well tomorrow. The only experience I have with getting tonsils out was mine at 26 and it was the worst thing I have ever gone through.

No comments: