Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Carter is Five Months Old!


Carter you are 5 months old!

What are you up to these days?

  • You weigh 12 pounds! Slow as a Turtle you are gaining more weight!
  • You are 26 1/2 inches long
  • You are in size 2 diapers and the are only a little big now. Pampers are your favorite
  • I have packed up all your newborn outfits and since you wore them for so long I was very sad to see my favorites go. You are now in 0-3, 3 month, and some smaller 3-6 month outfits!
  • Your eyes are still very blue! Mommy wants them to stay this way but Daddy would like for you to have green eyes. Either way we love looking at them.
  • Still no sign of hair. NONE AT ALL
  • You are sleeping now from about 7:30 or 8:00 at night until 7:15 in the morning when Mommy wakes you up to leave for work. I wake you up and you smile so big when you see me. I change your diaper and put you in your car seat with your outfit for the day in your lap. Mrs. Crystal or Mrs. Ann Marie dress you most days for mommy unless you wake up early and then I dress you. You take two naps 1 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon. YOU LOVE YOUR SLEEP!
  • You love for me to sing to you. Your favorite song is You are my Sunshine! I don't even have to use the real words sometimes I just sing about we are doing but you love the tune!
  • You are a rolling machine! You sometimes roll of your play mat and on the hard wood floor and make Mommy put you back on your mat by making loud noises at me
  • You are pushing up while on your belly and trying to scoot with your knees. I guess you really want to be mobile. I am ok with waiting on that for a little while.
  • You are an on the go boy! You love to be in the car and outside going places. I think you love shopping!
  • You have started blowing bubbles with your mouth. You get drool everywhere but it is really funny
  • You watch everything that is going on around you including the doggies and TV. You are very intrested in the world around you
  • You babble all the time. You are going to be a talker just like Mommy
  • You have learned how to turn yourself around in your jumparoo and play with all the toys so now you are liking this toy much better and for longer
  • You are still sleeping in your swaddleing blanket and oh how I love it! I know the time is coming when you will no longer stay in it at night. Sometimes you do get out in the middle of the night but I wish you would sleep in it forever. I hope the transition is easy
  • You love to hold on to everything you can get your hands on and most of it all goes in your mouth so I am constantly having to watch that
  • Right now your favorite toys are: Spunky Monkey, chewy blanket, and monkey wubanub
  •  You are a Mommy's Boy! You love your Mommy and it makes me very happy!
Happy 5 Month day CARTER!!!











4 comments:

Jill said...

Such a cutie!!! Hey, I'm coming to Dallas this weekend. If you want to do pics on Saturday morning let me know!!! If not, I'll be down again at Thanksgiving, maybe we can meet up then! I can't believe Carter is 5 months!!!

Austin and Ashley Evans said...

Happy 5 Months Carter! He is too cute - and so tiny! :)

Austin and Ashley Evans said...

I just saw your message! Yes, shes sitting up by herself. She started about 3 weeks ago. I love this new stage! Every stage seems to get better :)

Austin and Ashley Evans said...

I just saw where he is 12 pounds!! Sweet little pumpkin! Brooke is well over 18 now :)