Monday, January 28, 2013

Food for Thought... And health!

I try not to have New Year Resolutions but more personal goals for semesters. As a teacher my mind works a little differently than most. Ha... I go in terms of what semester we are in school wise. So everyone's new year starts in January, but mine starts when the new school year begins. In January I told Ryan that we were going to set a personal goal for our family for this new semester. Let me tell you how excited he was! I found two really awesome and inspiring blogs www.100daysofrealfood.com and www.skinnytaste.com I read up on both of them and decided that our family goal would be to eat healthier meals. I made monthly calendars for 4 nights a week and tried to expand our normal recipes by not repeating the same meal this semester. At first I thought it would be impossible. After I planned it out though, I was surprised by how excited I was to try this. I chose the meals off these two websites and let me tell you they have been so good!!

I'll keep you updated!
These shrimp quesadillas have been the family favorite. These were made with gluten free tortillas since I'm gluten free.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So excited to be following your blog. I nominated you for the Liebster Award. Check out all the details in my post: http://lovemysmithboys.blogspot.com/